Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 2


Day two. Today we went to the beach. We went to a more touristy one that Jessica doesn't go to as often. It was really nice. The ocean is the PERFECT tempurature. The ocean is clear, the sky is blue, the sand is white, and it's paradise. I brought a little battery speaker so that we could listen to music and I showed Jessica T Swift's new album. She liked it, of course. We ate at some beach stand and I tried to order vegetarian, but it was unclear if I was eating meat. They have mini pineapples here that they peel in a spiral and you can eat it like a popsicle! I don't have a picture, but I will get one. At some point John and Kristen met up with us. They are an adorable american couple who moved here two weeks ago because she is starting an american university here. We stayed there for 3 hours in the heat of the day with no sunscreen so you can imagine that I got pretty roasted (jessica had gotten her bad burn the week before so her skin was already tan). Jessica's mom was so mad when I got home! She made me go take a cold shower immediately and then keep frozen rags all over my skin for the rest of the day. I think it really helped though because most of my burn turned into a tan by the next day and only a little bit even peeled. I think this is the first summer that I will be tan!! The african sun is a doozy. Then I went home and slept for the rest of the day. Jetlag plus just being me. At some point I met Jeewansing. He is important to the story and our trip here. The best way to describe him is as our landlord/driver/adopted son/suitor/general mauritian sage. Anything we need, Jeewansing arranges it. He brought with him his friend Emit who owns a pub in england. 


No comments:

Post a Comment