Day three. Today we went on a bus with one of the members Stephane. He is a computer genius and I guess he has a crush on Jessica. So he took us to Curepipe where we went to the crater where the volcano that created the island used to be. The crater itself was amazing. So green and so deep. There is a little lake at the bottom. There is a trail to hike to the bottom but Stephane is a worrier and he said that it was very unsafe to climb down. But because the crater is in the very middle of the island the trail around it lets you see to the ocean all around the island. The veiws were perfect and it was an awesome experience.
After that Stephane took us to one of his favorite places. It was a public park but here they call them botanical gardens. It was so beautiful, and there were little frogs hopping around everywhere! They are actually all over the island, but this is the first time I noticed one. I caught one and kissed it! And then I caught another one for Jessica to kiss. There was also this giant tree that had been uprooted and fallen into another giant tree that made it perfect for climbing :) I got up in the tree and then told Jessica she had to come up. Stephane was so worried about us getting hurt, but we couldn't let that hold us back from adventure!
Lastly we rode the bus to the shopping district and shopped around. There wasn't really anything worth buying. Cheap Chinese Sh** as Jessica's mom says. But Stephane did buy me a blingy ring for 150 rupees. We ate amazing Indian food at a little restaurant, and another recent convert, Ridi, joined us. It took us a while to get home because we got to the bus stop right as all the kids were getting out of school. The bus took us to Jumbo which I guess is kind of an equivilant to walmart, but it also has a mall attached. Jessica's mom met us there and bought us all frozen yogurt. I got blueberry flavored. We got home around 3 in the afternoon and I went to sleep for the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment